hi sweeties! i’m Mª Luisa and this week i’m the translator, so here I’m going to give you the most important terms that we have found.
- Textbooks: Nobody knows why textbooks is nowadays the most important resource in education, maybe because of the laziness of teachers who do not want to think a bit in their methods of teaching. But, and because other reasons, children are limited in their way of learning and discovering a lot of interesting concepts, textbooks think for them so, why they would do an effort?
- Comic: there are many ways in order to define comics. Will Eisner defines comics as a sequential art. Scott McCloud defines comics as juxtaposed pictorial and other images in deliberate sequence with the objective of convey information and produce an aesthetic response in the viewer. Another and an easier definition of comics could be a visual medium, often combined with text, that express ideas via images. Normally, juxtaposed sequences of panels of images.
- Infographic:are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. The process of creating infographics can be referred to as data visualization, nformation design, or information architecture.The entire infographic could potentially be interactive, allowing people to play with the data, turn knobs and dials and get a feel for the data behind the visual. Additionally, savvy users could also access and download or fork the data behind each inographic.
- Editorial: A type of company that is responsible for the publication and distribution of writings. The edition of the book does not include the activity of circulating the information available to the general public (distribution). In some cases, authors may be their own publishers.
- Ideology: The textbooks are in many times influenced by the political situation of the moment or the type of editorial which create it. It is very worrying because children grow influenced by the way of thinking of others and not by themselves. It is an error because they do not have open-mind in most cases and in the future we do not have citizens with their own ideas, they just follow most powerful people